Lead Developer (remote)
As a lead developer, you will be working alongside our leadership team and UX engineer to designing and implementing critical parts of the Lunaria platform. We are looking for a passionate developer who is dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and is excited about joining a growing company.
Our ideal candidate has experience testing platforms, leading technical and non-technical team members, a dedication to diversity equity and inclusion, and a desire to join a growing startup.
What to expect:
- 30m screening interview
- 60m secondary interview with questions related to job responsibilities and experience.
- Paid technical activity
- Offer letter
At each interview stage, the candidate will have the option to select their preferred method of communication including Google Meet (closed captions), Zoom or phone.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UX/UI design
- Help build a clean, scalable, secure and quality platform.
- Troubleshoot urgent technical issues.
- Communicate ideas and goals to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Develop across front-end, back-end and infrastructure to maintain and grow the Lunaria platform.
- Write clean and high-quality code in PHP.
- Lead code reviews to maintain development standards
- Own full-stack features
- Participate in meetings with leadership and developer to refine the product roadmap.
To grow in this role, you:
Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Are creative and up for opportunities to use your imagination to test new ideas
Passionate about marketing and content creation
Love building relationships with new people
Experience managing social media accounts
Want to grow with a fast-growing startup
To thrive in this role, you:
- Thrive in a dynamic role.
- Have experience building RESTful web services.
- Know server administration.
- Understand web application security principles and best practices.
- Are familiar with using Codeigniter and WordPress.
- Have a strong working knowledge of databases design techniques (SQL experience and ability to write SQL queries)
- Experienced in Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Have server knowledge in Linux plans using cPanel
- You are comfortable leading technical solution discussions
- Enjoy translating and validating business requirements and transforming them into functional tools.
- Are familiar with the full software development lifecycle (requirements, design, code, test, implement)
You will be working remotely due to COVID-19. When and if it is safe to do so you will be invited to work out of a shared workspace in Kitchener-Waterloo. You will never be required to work in person. You will have the opportunity to attend regular virtual workspace events including weekly coffee breaks to network with entrepreneurs and academics.
$50,000 – $65,000 CAD / annually + 4% vacation pay
Annual professional development stipend
- Flexible schedule
- Stock options
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Apply with resume and cover letter.
Lunaria is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). DEI is more than a commitment at Lunaria—it is the core of what we do. We are fully focused on equity and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other aspects that make us different. If you need any assistance or accommodation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org